Welcome to Heartsent's Program of Adoptions in China
- China is Hague country, with a rich history and successful international adoption program since 1991. The China adoption program for healthy children is currently open (wait time up to 7 years), as is the adoption program for special needs and older, waiting children (wait times 8-10 months).
- Children from 5 months – 13 years are available for adoption.
- Both boys and girls are available.
- Couples may apply for healthy children and special needs or waiting children. Singles may apply for special needs or healthy waiting children.
- Applicants must be 30 – 50 to adopt from China, unless they are adopting from the special needs or waiting children. In that case, adopting parents can be over 50 years of age.
- Families who have both parents born in mainland China can expedite for a healthy child. Wait times can still be several years, up to 5-6.
- Total costs for an adoption from China range from $22,000 - $29,000 including travel costs.
- Many of the waiting older children are healthy, but are waiting due to their age.
- There are strict guidelines and some restrictions for applicants. Please contact us for more details about your situation.
- Adoptions in China require one trip of two weeks in country to complete.
Applicant restrictions concerning pre and post adoption phases should be considered when making an application for a China adoption- please call us to learn more details. China is now focusing on the adoption of special needs and waiting children, which can make the waiting times much shorter! Adopting parents can apply concurrently for both the healthy child and special needs/waiting child adoption programs.Please check here soon for our new expanded China program details- coming in early Spring, 2014!