Adoption Program in China
- China is Hague country, with a rich history and successful international adoption program since 1991. The China adoption program for healthy children is currently open, as is the adoption program for special needs and older, waiting children.
- Heartsent had a non-expedite family traveling in June 2012 to pick up their sweet daughter. They were logged-in in early September 2006 and waited approximately 5 years and 7 months. Couples that qualify for expedited processing can expect to wait somewhat shorter times. Please call for more details. For the special needs and waiting children, the current processing times for adoption are significantly shorter, from 6-10 months in total. Heartsent has a large program of special needs and older healthy children adoptable from China. Please call us for more details.
- Children from 5 months – 13 years are available for adoption.
- Both boys and girls are available.
- Only couples may apply for healthy children and special needs or waiting children. Singles may apply for special needs or healthy waiting children.
- Applicants must be 30 – 50 to adopt from China, unless they are adopting from the special needs or waiting children. In that case, adopting parents can be over 50 years of age.
- Families who have parents born in mainland China can expedite for a healthy child. Wait times can still be several years, up to 5.5.
- Total costs for an adoption from China range from $22,000 - $29,000.
- Many of the waiting older children are healthy, but are waiting due to their age.
- There are strict guidelines and some restrictions for applicants. Please contact us for more details.
- Adoptions in China require one trip of two weeks in country to complete.
New applicant restrictions concerning pre and post adoption phases should be considered when making an application for a China adoption- please call us to learn more details. China is now focusing on the adoption of special needs and waiting children, which can make the waiting times much shorter! Adopting parents can apply concurrently for both the healthy child and special needs/waiting child adoption programs.