WELCOME to the Heartsent Adoption Program in Taiwan
- Taiwan is a stable program of adoptions through Heartsent. We have worked in Taiwan for the past 18+ years, and have deep friendships with our sources there. Children from 6 months – 14 years are available for adoption through a variety of programs, offered as young toddlers, older children, sibling groups, and waiting/special needs children. We almost always have sibling groups available.
- Prospective adoptive parents must be married in order to apply for this program.
- Adopting couples must be open to gender, unless they wish to adopt an identified waiting child.
- Total costs for an adoption from Taiwan range from $23,000 - $30,000 depending upon program choice and number of children being adopted.
- Couples applying for a young toddler in Taiwan can expect to wait 1.5 to 2 years for a child to be offered to them.
- Generally, applicants must be no more than 50 years of age and married for at least 5 years, but exceptions can be made. Please call for more information and an appointment to inquire about your personal situation to see if an exception can be made in your case.
- There is one trip for about 5 days for most of our programs in Taiwan. One of our programs requires two trips, and adoptive parents can meet their child during their first trip.
- NEWEST, FOR CALIFORNIA FAMILIES- now accepting applications for Taiwan boys and girls, ages 3 yrs to 6 yrs of age.
- In general, we are seeing fewer infants even with special needs, but we have seen changes in the past years, and have received a few very young children. The number of young toddlers and older children has increased dramatically. For these younger child programs we add new adopting families slowly to our list to keep wait times shorter, and at times we will tell you to wait to apply.