WELCOME to the Heartsent Adoption Program in Taiwan
- Taiwan is a stable program of adoptions through Heartsent. We have worked in Taiwan for the past 18 years, and have deep friendships with our sources there. Children from 6 months – 14 years are available for adoption through a variety of programs, and are offered as young toddlers, older children, sibling groups, and waiting/special needs children spanning all age groups. We almost always have sibling groups available!
- Prospective adoptive parents must be married in order to apply for this program.
- Adopting couples must be open to gender, unless they wish to adopt an identified child.
- Total costs for an adoption from Taiwan range from $23,000 - $28,000 depending upon program choice and number of children being adopted.
- Couples applying for a young toddler adoption in Taiwan can expect to wait 1.5 to 2 years for a young toddler to be offered to them, followed by a court case of up to 6-8 months.
- Couples wishing to adopt from our special needs, sibling group and waiting child programs must abide by certain guidelines and restrictions set by our foreign sources, but this is a great choice for many families.
- Generally, applicants must be no more than 50 years of age and married for at least 5 years, but exceptions can be made. Please call for more information and an appointment to inquire about your personal situation to see if an exception can be made in your case.
- There is one trip for about 5 days for most of our programs in Taiwan. One of our programs requires two trips, and adoptive parents can meet their child during their first trip.
- NEWEST, FOR CALIFORNIA FAMILIES- now accepting applications for Taiwan boys and girls, ages 3 yrs to 6 yrs of age. We have children and siblings out of this age range, but less often. Apply to 925-254-8883, to Su-Yin (Orinda) or 626-793-8333 to Laura (Pasadena office)
- Since the Taiwan government’s adoption of new laws concerning the adoption process (June 2012) we have seen changes in the age of the children offered and also the number of special needs children offered for adoption. In general, we are seeing fewer infants even with special needs, but we have seen changes in the past year, and have received several a few very young children. The number of young toddlers and older children has increased dramatically. For these younger child programs we add new adopting families slowly to our list to keep wait times shorter, and at times we will tell you to wait to apply, so please call our Taiwan Program Director to see what Taiwan programs are currently open. Heartsent encourages families to consider adopting from Taiwan; this is an excellent program!
Heartsent strongly encourages applicants for our sibling groups and older child adoptions. Adopting parents should be open to gender for all programs, but will be able to locate children in our waiting child programs of either gender. We almost always have sibling groups of 2 and 3 children, ranging in age from 4 -10 years. We receive new adoptable children regularly from several sources within Taiwan. Please inquire for more information and see our website's often-updated waiting children page for currently available children.